Texas has one of lowest tax burdens in the U.S.
Texas – and particularly Harlingen has many benefits for prospective businesses. One major consideration for any employer is the cost of doing business and the State of Texas boasts great benefits for taxpayers.
According to www.TexasWideOpenForBusiness.com,
- Texas has one of the lowest tax burdens in the U.S.
- Texas has no personal or corporate income tax.
- There is no state tax on property used for pollution control.
- There is no state tax on goods in transit.
- There is no state tax on machinery and equipment utilized in manufacturing.
Texas ranks as a Top 10 Best State in the Tax Foundation’s http://taxfoundation.org/article/2013-state-business-tax-climate-index